Tuesday, May 11, 2010

34 weeks pregnant, Hips hurting really bad??? Any advice that you can share, that can help?

I have tried everything and nothing has really worked much for me. I sleep with the pillow between my legs but that stopped working. I try to sleep elevated on my back to keep off my hips and it just isnt that comfortable. My bathtub is starting to feel really small now, lol, but they do help relieve while you are in there.





I do recommend getting an exercise ball and try bouncing on that. It did help with the aches and pains. Right now she is so low it doesnt relieve as much as it used to but it did work for a while. Good luck34 weeks pregnant, Hips hurting really bad??? Any advice that you can share, that can help?
First, try exercises or yoga poses that can open the hips or pelvis. Stretching your gluteal muscles can help the pain your hips. Also, you could try getting a pregnancy massage that focuses on your lower back. When the muscles in the lower back are really tight, they can cause the hip muscles to be really tight and sore. Relieving the tension in the back can help relieve some tension in your hips. If that doesn't work, you can take Tylenol and sit in a warm bath. If you're still hurting, go to your doctor and ask if he or she can prescribe a pain reliever for you - there are some very effective pain relievers that are safe for pregnant women.





I'm 31 weeks pregnant and had begun having really bad back and hip pain a couple of weeks ago. Most of it was pregnancy-related, but an old back injury was flaring up also. None of the exercises were helping at all. So, my doctor prescribed a low dose of Flexoril, a muscle relaxer, that I can take every evening before bedtime. The medicine helps my back and hips relax so that I can get comfortable and sleep. 34 weeks pregnant, Hips hurting really bad??? Any advice that you can share, that can help?
Massage! Find someone specifically trained in prenatal massage, they are much better than regular massage therapists.


You can also try prenatal yoga, it's wonderful for stretching everything out. I do both and my hips no longer hurt :) Even my hubby rubbing my hips a little at night worked wonders!
Ihave had such horrible hip pain on the right that I have nearly had to be rushed to the ER. feels like a nerve gets pinched between bone and wont get free. Sometimes I swear I broke my hip. The things that have helped me is an extremly warm bath. I dont let it get so hot to turn my skin red and I drink cold water while in there. The warm water is the only thing to help plus having my legs straight out. So i sit on the couch with my leg on the coffee table and sleep when it goes through the night. I think its from the way the baby sits and the way you move. Yesterday I was fine but got up off the bed to point something out on the computer and it was like someone shot me. I dropped back on the bed and began crying my hubby said I was stop breathing from the pain and he kept yelling to breath, thats how bad it is for me and hot baths work. THANK GOD for hot water.
Im 34 weeks too and have the same problem! I feel like my little man is kicking my hip bone! Feels weird! I really dont know what to do about it! The only thing that eases it for a while is a hot bath! I take one every day!
Flat shoes, body pillow under you at night, heating pad, hot baths, swimming, and actually if you sit alot at work try walking some in the evening it will help.
Have your man give you lots of massages. rub your hips and back and everywhere to make you feel better, that should help.. plus it will show that he cares and understands what your going threw
Swimming really helps and so does having a nice warm bath. Make sure you are sleeping with a pillow between your knees too- I had a nice long body pillow which really took the pressure off.
to be honest nothing really helps that much. But take tylenol and hot pads and baths and overall just rest


good luck!
tylenol and baths

No comments:

Post a Comment