Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Did I get bad advice?

I asked my girlfriend's brother how to get my pc's motherboard after trying to install it in a new case. He suggested that I lay it on a carpeted floor and just connect the monitor, power supply unit, and try ';jumpstarting'; the motherboard by running a screwdriver across the jumper pins for the power switch to the motherboard. He said if that didn't work, I should just try plugging in the jumper cable for the power switch in various positions on the jumper pins until I get it to work.Did I get bad advice?
Very bad advice, everything about it.Did I get bad advice?
he really hates you
HA! EVERYTHING he toold you is a BIG NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!
That sounds just about right. Add a few drops of water to your mother board for an extra cooling effect... jk





everything he told you is bad advice. he must really hate you for dating his sister
yes he just told you to lay your motherboard on carpet which will cause elctro static discharge and fry your motherboard not so smart
You must be kidding? You did not mention anything about software, hard drive or anything that might give me an indication of what you trying to do. If you want to fiddle around with a screwdriver on your jumpers, be my guest. I'll never forget when I was dumb enough to try something like that, POOF. ps: is the CPU, or microprocessor, compatible with any other peripherals?

No comments:

Post a Comment