Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I want to live in Albuquerque NM. What is your opinion, advice? Good idea or bad idea?

I am a single 50 year old female professional.I want to live in Albuquerque NM. What is your opinion, advice? Good idea or bad idea?
New Mexico is alot like Arizona in its climate and weather.


Albuquerque is a nice small city nestled against the mountains,


which gives it snow in winter.


I have been there many times, and I like it well enough, but unless you already have an idea about the success of your chosen profession in New Mexico, I'd be careful.


Because of Albuquerque's relative isolation, job hunting could be less rewarding than you might expect.


Compared to, say, Phoenix, it is considerably smaller and therefore, has less to offer in terms of a livelihood.


If you love the outdoors, though, it has a ton of that going for it,


and housing will be less expensive as well.


I am similar in age to yourself, and I would consider Albuqueque when it comes time to retire.


Good luck!I want to live in Albuquerque NM. What is your opinion, advice? Good idea or bad idea?
I notice that you asked about both NM and TN - I've been to both places, and I like NM a LOT better. In my opinion, it's a much more interesting place, and it's not nearly so crowded as the eastern U.S.
If you have children, just realize that MN just came in second to dead last in US education, only second to DC schools. If that's not an issue, I think it's a charming town.

No comments:

Post a Comment