Thursday, May 13, 2010

My 14 month old boy has very bad nappy rash,any advice?

It's come on very quickly, and causing him alot of pain, especially when i change his nappy. i've been putting sudocrem on it, and letting him go without a nappy regularly through the day. The skin is actually broken in places and is very red and sore. anything else i can do?My 14 month old boy has very bad nappy rash,any advice?
My little one had quite bad nappy rash when she was about a month old and my health visitor prescribed some zinc cream, I have to say it is absolutely fabulous stuff. Cleared it up really quickly. I use metanium regularly as I know its good stuff but that just wasn't clearing it for her!My 14 month old boy has very bad nappy rash,any advice?
My baby girl just had a bad rash as well. It looked like her skin was flaking off or something...really raw. I took her to the Dr and she gave me some Rx cream...it was a yeast infection apparently.


My aunt told me to try browned flour...just put it in the oven until it turns a golden brown and then apply some every time you change the diaper. Her little girl had very bad rashes as a baby and it was the only thing that would work...they had even taken her to a dermatologist because it was so bad. I hope this helps...there is nothing worse than seeing ur baby in pain is there.
My 1st had bad nappy rash and I was advised by my GP to not use baby wipes just warm water with some baby oil in it and cotton wool, then to apply beaten egg white onto her bottom as it is obviously a natural product and believe you me it worked but you go through a lot of eggs.





For my son I use acquaeus cream (I think that's how you spell it) and its good too.
How about going to a doctor? What kind of mother looks for advise on a chat board when their child is in pain?
i had this with my daughter and the only thing that was any good was a TINY smear of canesten
Give him a good bath to get all that cream off. Powder his bottom with Gold Bond powder (it's got zinc in it and is very healing) and let him go diaperless for as long as possible. If the thought of him running around diaperless makes you nervous, put a cloth diaper on him. This always did the trick for my babies.
best thing we ever got (im so sorry i cant remember name) was on prescription from the health visitor-when its so bad i dont think sudocrem id enough-oh yes its called timotine-but not sure of spelling-just realised its called timodene not timotine-unsure of spelling but this is good stuff
Right, I understand your own pain at seeing him like this. You must get METANIUM. When you apply it you will feel your own finger getting warm. Its fantastic and works really fast. If it gets very bad then he may even have thrush and will need to see the GP, but try the miracle cream first. I have 3 kids and swear by it. I always applied sudocrem at every nappy change and quite thickly to but they still all had a bout of horrid nappy rash and metanium sorted it every time.
Go straight to your GP. There is no use you both suffering.


I was told to put Sudocrem on sparingly but I would layer it on quite thick and my son (who is now 5) never suffered with this nasty problem and he was allergic to most things due to eczema and food allergies. Also change what you wash his clothes in . I use Surcare washing liquid %26amp; fabric conditioner.


Hope this helps. Good luck.
No baby wipes. No soaps. Cleanse with water only. He may need a Rx for this. I only ever used Desitin on my kids when they got a rash. It has to be thick and pasty. Not the creamy types.
Try Bepanthen it's expensive but it's a wonder cream! Good luck :)
I used a cream called Zincofax on my kids when they were babies and it was great. Use a thick layer on the babies bottom to keep it from getting any worse while it heals. A nice thick layer will protect the babies bottom. If you notice anything that looks like little pimples or red dots this is a yeast infection. You can buy a tube of Canesten and dab it onto the spots. My Dr. told me it contains the same active ingredients that a Dr. would prescribe but its alot cheaper.
If the diaper cream isn't working then he may have a yeast rash. You should take him into the doctor either way. If it is a yeast rash then it wont go away until you get some special cream. Hope it gets better!
Could it possibly be a yeast infection? If so he needs an antifungal. If it doesn't look yeasty, just make sure the cream you use has at least 37% of zinc in it. Could he be teething??
i swear by a cream called etanium..honestly give it a try, it works in hours or prehaps a day with bad cases of nappy rash. its yellow in colour which looks a bit messy but its well worth it. sudocrem is only a barrier cream and wont heal a rash, its there to help prevent it. keep leaving the nappy off and keeping the area dry and go and get this cream asap
I use vaseline i find it protects from the wetness, dont dip ur hand back in the pot after touching his bum or winkie as if leaves bacteria from the nappy area in the pot
have you recently changed any of the products you use when changing him or have you tried to use different nappies or ointment, baby wipes it could actually be somethig you use that brings it on or has there been a change in what you feed him if his had a change in his diet..
try medicated caldesene powder . the less you use the better you rub it in in circular motion and it should work a treat .
METANIUM - Best thing EVER





You can now get it from any chemist even on the shelf at tesco's!!!!
The best thing that I have found that has taken care of ALL diaper rashes is Tea Tree Oil. Walmart has some and all you have to do is put some on a cotton ball and then rub it all over the diaper rash. It may bother him quite a bit while you are putting it on, but trust me it will look a LOT better tomorrow. It works because it kills bacteria AND fungus (aka: yeast).





I put drops of tea tree oil into my baby wipes whether they are home made or store bought and it really helps to prevent diaper rashes in the first place.
my youngest had terrible nappy rash, it broke %26amp; bled. My mum made up a paste for her %26amp; it helped grately.This is a bit messy, get a jar of zinc %26amp; caster oil, a small bottle of friers balsam %26amp; a pot of fullers earth from the chemist. You mix ruffly 250 mls of the zinc %26amp; cater oil cream with a table spoon of friers balsam %26amp; 4 table spoons of fullers earth to a smooth gray paste the administer. Hope this helps
A bare bottom is a happy bottom. If the skin is broken I would consider a doctor appointment. I do not know if this applies to boys but my daughter had a yeast infection at about this age. I delayed seeing doc because I thought it was a diaper rash. I would use Vaseline because it acts as a barrier. Cornstarch is good also. Stay away from anything scented. Only wash area in clear water no soaps. Good-luck
One of the others has already answered with the name of the cream i'm going to advise, I can't tell you enough how good it is. I have 4 kids %26amp; my first got nappy rash sOo bad it bled. I kept plastering with sudocrem thinking i was doing the right thing anyway a long story short i was given a cream called timodene its prescription only. It is an anti fungal specifically for nappy rash that is caused by yeast %26amp; it works straight away! So screaming when urinating will be no more! sudocrem feeds a fungal nappy rash %26amp; exacerbates it. In the interim period until you get to your doctor try a little caneston 1% or ask the pharmacist for an over the counter nystatin based cream which is the primary ingredient in timodene.
Vaseline is good for the places that are not broken. Hydrocortisone ointment is good for the broken places.
Vaseline and/or powder.





The key is the keep the area dry. That's what will allow the skin to heal. You might want to try Neosporin (antibacterial cream) too, but clear it with a doctor first.





Good luck!
sudocrem is actually the worset thing you can use on it, i use metanium its about 3uk pounds but really does work give it 12hours and its gone almost its fantastic i highly reccomend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment