Thursday, May 13, 2010

Advice on not wasting money on a bad vacuum...?

I live in a one bedroom apartment with both wood floors and short carpet. I really need a vacuum (soon) but am terrified of spending money on a crappy, unreliable vaccum. I don't want to spend a huge amount, I would rather shell out some dough than to get a dust buster on a stick though. If you have advice on what works or what DOES NOT work let me know.Advice on not wasting money on a bad vacuum...?
Even though the Dyson is expensive, it is by far the best vacuum that I have ever bought. I use it on the bathroom linoleum and it never kicks back the dirt on my feet. I love how the air smells so fresh and we actually vacuum every other day now.Advice on not wasting money on a bad vacuum...?
Try Dirt Devil not very expensive %26amp; works great........
I recommend Consumer Reports. The magazine has recently tested vacuums, and there some relatively cheap models that outperform the expensive ones. Consumer Reports magazine is available at libraries, and it won't cost you a thing to go there and take a look. See below for the Consumer Reports issue to reference.
You are right; there's nothing worse than a bad or unreliable vacuum. Go for name brand - Electrolux, Eureka. Check out Consumer Reports for info. Also, don't discount buying a ';gently used'; one. I got an Electrolux through an ad in the paper, paying 125CDN for a vacuum originally priced at near 1K. It was several models/years older, but worked fine.
I wish I could remember the brand my ex had. It was great, adjustable horse power, floor and carpet, etc and was quiet. Down side is it cost $700 and comes from germany.





I definitely recommend shelling out the money up front and dont buy a vacuum from say target or walmart etc. I know its not much help but If I can remember the name Ill post it soon.
Buy an annual consumer reports guide to products. You can get it at any good book store. See what it says about vacuum cleaners. It will give you the best one available and the best for the price.
I've had my Kenmore canister vacuum (from Sears) for 12 years and it cleans like a champ! What's even better is I inherited it from my grandmother who had it for at least 10 years before that!
get a Dyson vacuum, and get the one for carpets AND tiles, it's costs around 鈧?30 but i had mine for six months, and it has on every time taken up all the dirt and dust on my floors, no problems with it so far, and i got a 3 year guarantee.
Spend a little money and get a decent vacuum, one that will last you for years. A Windtunnel is pretty good. So is one of the Orecks. Don't buy a Dirt Devil. You will throw your money away with one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment