Sunday, May 9, 2010

I need advice about how to start up my real estate business, but i have very bad credit and no money?

i am graduating from college with very bad grades because i have had problems with depression and anxiety attacks.So getting a regular job is not quite my dream but been able to start up a business of my own would be very ideal.I need advice about how to start up my real estate business, but i have very bad credit and no money?
I'm not sure exactly what direction to go in since your questions is a little vague.





I'm going to assume you want to invest in real estate. There is a way I would suggest to you that would not involve your credit at all.





It's called a short sale. What you would need to do is learn how to find distressed housing. You speak with the owners and agree on a sales price to get them out of the house. ( generally what they owe plus 10-20K in their pocket). Now you get permission to talk directly with the lender that hold their mortgage note. YOu negotiate a ';short sale'; with them where they accept a lower price than what they owe to settle teh account paid in full for a lesser amount.





NOW you have to find an investor that will buy the house from you at a higher amount than what you have into the property. YOu negotiate a contract and have your distressed buyers go to a closing and sell the home to your investor. You get the difference as your commissioon. No money out of your pocket and your credit never came into play. Here is an example:





Distressed homeowner ownes home for $90K. Their house if valued at $150K. You offer the homeower to payoff what he owes and give him $10K money within 30 days for him to allow you to speak directly with his bank.





Negotiate with the bank to settle his $90K loan for $80K. Now your total amount into this property is the $80K you owe the bank and the $10K you owe the disstressed homeowner.





Now you find an investor that will buy the house for $100K. He knows he has $50K in equity so he decides to buy it at that price.





At the closing the bank would get their $80K, the distressed homeower would get his $10K, and you would get your $10K which is the difference.





Make sense? It's a simplified example to show you how it ca work. Do some research on the web on short sales. Hope I hlped :)I need advice about how to start up my real estate business, but i have very bad credit and no money?
Try starting a local FSBO business which means ';for sale by owner';. It's a quick way to get in and I think it is the wave of the future if it's online. The national companies might sell you a franchise, but I think it's better to start a local one.... you can advertise yourself with flyers etc.
I am only commenting because I read your whole question and the paragraph. And all I can comment is that a business cannot be successfull with it's owner(s) having no knowledge and experience of the subject industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment